An Linode Source connects to an existing Linode bucket. imgix connects using the credentials you supply, so your Linode assets don't have to be public.
Setting Up Your Linode Source
Go to the Sources page in the imgix dashboard and click the New Source button.
Select Linode from the Source Type dropdown.
Fill in the details for the Linode Source (see the security notice below about access/secret keys). The parameters are:
- Access Key ID: The Linode access key of the credentials you want imgix to connect with.
- Secret Access Key: The Linode secret key of the credentials you want imgix to connect with.
- Bucket: The name of the Linode bucket containing the assets you want imgix to connect to.
- Endpoint URL: The S3 endpoint URL used by your Linode bucket.
- Region: The region of your Linode bucket
- Prefix: The folder prefix you want to resolve to. The prefix is prepended to the asset path before resolving the asset in your Linode bucket. By default the asset path is
Name the Subdomain you'd like to use as the base URL for your assets.
Note: The subdomain name you choose is unique to your Source and can't be re-used. If you're setting up a Source with a lot of customization (particularly a Custom Domain), choose the name you plan to use going forward.
- If you are editing an existing Source and the Video API is enabled, the imgix Video Subdomain field will be visible. This field automatically inherits the value from your imgix Image Subdomain and cannot be modified without changing the Image Subdomain.
Set your Asset Processing Rules for the Asset Manager. This setting does not affect which assets can be served through the Rendering API. Instead, it will only impact which assets appear in the Asset Manager based on the path prefix configuration. You can choose to either:
- Include all paths (default setting)
- Include one or many user defined paths
- Exclude all paths
- Exclude one or many user defined paths
Click the Save button. Your Source will be queued for deployment.
We strongly recommend creating Linode access keys specifically for imgix to access your bucket with. All Linode credentials are stored using industry standard cryptographic best practices.
See the Advanced Source Settings for information about setting up custom domains, defaults, and cache TTL options.