The first step in working with imgix is to create a Source, which connects imgix to your image storage. There are currently five types of Sources:
- Amazon S3: Connects to an existing Amazon S3 bucket with its own credentials.
- Google Cloud Storage: Connects to an existing Google Cloud Storage bucket with its own credentials.
- Microsoft Azure: Connects to an existing Microsoft Azure File Share or Container (Blob) with its own credentials.
- Web Folder: Proxies content from a given domain (or a subfolder on the domain).
- Web Proxy: Can proxy any valid image URL.
The requirements for each Source type vary. Sources may also contain additional configuration options such as default parameters, default images, cache-control headers, and cross-origin request information.
Limitations: When naming your Source subdomain, only a single level is allowed. For example,
images.imgix.net will be allowed, but
my.images.imgix.net will not. By default, each Source can have a total of 20 subdomains and custom domains combined. Each account can have up to 100 Sources. If you need more domains or more Sources than these limits, please contact us.