The first step in working with imgix is to create a Source, which connects imgix to your asset storage. There are currently five types of Sources:
- Amazon S3: Connects to an existing Amazon S3 bucket with its own credentials.
- Google Cloud Storage: Connects to an existing Google Cloud Storage bucket with its own credentials.
- Microsoft Azure: Connects to an existing Microsoft Azure File Share or Container (Blob) with its own credentials.
- Web Folder: Proxies content from a given domain (or a subfolder on the domain).
- Web Proxy: Can proxy any valid asset URL.
The requirements for each Source type vary. Sources may also contain additional configuration options such as default parameters, default images, cache-control headers, and cross-origin request information.